AJAX is now positioned as the 'it' technology and many developers are being forced (sometimes kicking and screaming) into this new world. I have been impressed by the scarce information that I've seen about people using AJAX in real 'non-toy' situations to implement major systems and the issues that are associated with it. I've seen many examples in frameworks such as Echo2 and DWR, but I haven't seen a lot of discussion about what the various pitfalls are of these approaches. I've also not seen anyone do any in-depth analysis of integrating the various java web tier technologies (JSP, WebMacro, FreeMarker, etc) with the AJAX frameworks (DOJO, Scriptaculous, etc).
So if you're an AJAX person, what is your reason for using AJAX? What frameworks are you using to build out your architecture? What tools are you using for development / debugging? And if you can, give us a postmortem of your experiences with a real world project.
So if you're an AJAX person, what is your reason for using AJAX? What frameworks are you using to build out your architecture? What tools are you using for development / debugging? And if you can, give us a postmortem of your experiences with a real world project.
No comments:
Post a Comment